Development Watch Inc is an Incorporated Association originally formed in 2004, to oppose an inappropriate development at Mt Coolum.
We are a non-profit, non-partisan volunteer organization. We are united in our concern for the future of Coolum, and in holding our Council and the State Government to account on important development issues.
We do not share our mailing list with other organisations or individuals.
OUR GOALS are to –
- Prevent inappropriate development in the Coolum area;
- Monitor planning and decision-making processes to ensure that all local planning and relevant State Government laws are properly adhered to;
- Raise public awareness regarding developments that will affect the long term qualify of life in our area;
- Promote a sustainable population;
- Influence local economic development efforts towards local small businesses;
- Work closely with our elected officials and Council staff to ensure the consequences of developments are accurately assessed before development occurs;
- Encourage greater public involvement in development issues by keeping our members and the general public informed of Local Government actions;
- Encourage policies and planning practices that enhance the quality of life in our area for both residents and visitors.
|This non-profit community organisation enjoys free web hosting provided by Fluccs|